This is my first empties blogpost and I have quiet a lot to talk about so let’s get started.
1.The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% – This one is cheap and effective. Azelaic acid is a multitasking ingredient that helps with redness, acne, pores and pigmentation. The only complain I have is the spreadabity, which can be easily fixed when mixed with another serum or applied after a face mist. I am very likely to repurchase it.
2.The Ordinary Vitamin C suspension 23% +HA Sphere 2% – This is a bit gritty and feels hydrating as it would feel after a face oil. It gives an instant gratification of hydration and some longer term benefits of vitamin C. What really surprised me is that it did not have sign of oxidation.
3. The Ordinary Natural Moisturising Factor+HA – This is a good value for money. It is a fragrance free basic moisturiser that does what it says without any irritation.
4. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo – This has niacinamide and salicylic acid that help to reduce acne. I did not see much of a difference because I did not suffer from acne when I started it, but once I stopped I did notice some spots which stopped when I started another niacinamide serum.
5. Burts Bees lip balm – reviewed here.
6.Eucerin Sun Face Mattifying Fluid SPF 50+ – reviewed here. I am going to repurchase it when it is on offer.
7.Murad Essential-C Eye Cream SPF15 – This is a good product if you have sensitive eyes that cannot tolerate sunscreen for face. My regular sunscreen does not irritate my eyes and my budget does not stretch to continue using it. Infact, this was part of a set.
8. Mascara (2 from bodyshop, 1 other) – I finished only one bodyshop mascara. Since they all are very old, I am going to throw them away.
9. L’Oreal Paris The Touche Magique Concealer – When I first applied this concealer, I had to immediately wash it off as it irritated my under eye skin, probably because of my skin condition at that time. However, although later it was fine over foundation, I do not think it was the right match for me.
10. Bioderma Hydrabio eau de soin SPF30 – It stoped spraying after a few use so I replaced the nozzle with another one from la roche posay mist. Since I have dry skin, I do not have any complain about the shine it gave, but bioderma needs to sort out the packaging if they want to continue selling it.
11. The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion – This did not cause any irritation. I was not expecting it to cause any as this is not my first retinoid serum. However, I did notice a few acne when I almost finished it. I cannot pinpoint if that was due to it’s efficiency or something else.
12.La Roche-Posay Redermic C10 – This is a beginners vitamin c serum-moisturiser hybrid. I noticed, it changed colour probably due to oxidation. However, the texture was nice and it did not cause any irritation but I expected a lot more from it.
13. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Pocket SPF 50+ – The consistency of it is thicker than anthelios xl, so I believe this is for very dry skin. I do not like thick sunscreen so I am not going to repurchase it.
14.La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF50+ Ultra-Light Fluid Face – This is my all time favourite sunscreen that I reviewed here. I have already repurchased it and will repurchase over and over again. Reviewed here.
15. Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1 – I do not like the alcohol smell and it made my skin worse. I love clinique as a brand but not this one.
16. Nivea Daily Essential Express Hydrator Primer – I do not wear much makeup but I picked it because I wanted to try a primer. This is not a bad product but I have had this for ages so although I have some left in the pot, I am throwing it away as it has expired.
17. Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser – I have thoroughly enjoyed this cleanser. It does what it says but there are plenty of other cheaper alternatives out there.
18. Bioderma Hydrabio Gel-Crème Light Moisturising Care – This is a great lightweight moisturiser that has niacinamide in it. I loved using it and I am probably going to repurchase it when it is on offer.
19. Revlon Photoready BB Cream – I do not like it because it is greasy. Like the primer and mascaras, this is also very old, so I am going to throw it away. It is not a good practice to use old and expired product because they might cause more harm than good.
20. La Roche-Posay Serozinc Spray – As I do not have oily acne prone skin, it did nothing for me other than giving a good quality mist without breaking the bank. I used it with ordinary azelaic acid to help it spread better and as a refreshing mist to lock in moisture.
Just because they all did not do wonders, they are not necessarily bad product. Let me know if any of them worked well on your skin from this empties.
I will come back with some more posts soon. Bye for now.