Of course, you can wear whatever fragrance you like all year round but if you find certain fragrances feel heavy, unpleasant and almost headache-inducing in the warmer months, you may find them more pleasant during autumn-winter. In addition, there are certain notes that we seem to associate with specific times of the year.
Now let’s move on to the list .
1. Jo loves red truffle 21: A few days back when I was walking back home, a sudden very pleasant breeze made me stop for a while. There were some pine, fig trees and some other bushes like blackberries. This fragrance is that feeling plus a lot more. It’s a breath of fresh air and it is clean and crisp. This lasts a very long time and although you can wear it all year round, the notes remind me of Autumn, which is why it is in this list.
2. Lush cardamom coffee: If you love cardamom, here’s good news for you. This is overloaded with cardamom. The warmth of coffee and some cacao makes it a feel-good fragrance. I would wear it casually especially in the evenings for “Netflix and chill”.
3. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Amethyst: This is a sweet tobacco fragrance with honeysuckle and cedarwood. It has some sweetness but its not sickly sweet in my opinion. It has a flower, but it is not really in the floral family either. So I think this could very well be worn by both men and women without much hesitation. It is quite warm and sensual as well.
4. Clean Reserve Sueded Oud: if you think oud is too aggressive, give this a go. Sueded Oud is a lighter musky oud with some leathery suede. This is not a revolutionary fragrance but this is a pleasant oud and most importantly, the brand is clean and conscious.
5. Moschino Toyboy: This is one of the most unique designer fragrances released in the last couple of years. It’s spicy, its woody, it’s ambery alongside the infamous floral note of rose. The name and the packaging are ironic. This is by no means a juvenile fragrance. To me, toyboy is a confident mature man or woman who knows what he or she wants and can look past the marketing message.
All fragrances are unisex but some are marketed towards men like and others towards women like but are great on everyone who can wear them with confidence. Fragrances are ”gender benders” especially when they are not following any stereotype. That’s all for today. If you have read this so far, please hit the like button and comment below the one you are intrigued by and don’t forget to follow my blog and socials. See you soon.